Christmas time is approaching, and for many, baking Christmas cookies is a tradition. But often, Christmas cookies and especially gingerbread cookies are high in fat and refined sugar. Therefore it made me think about baking healthy gingerbread versions.
Check out our two yummy gingerbread recipes and enjoy the treats without a bad conscience. These recipes are not only healthy but taste delicious and look great! Both recipes are gluten-free and dairy-free.
Ginger Bread Protein Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3 tbsps Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsps Fancy Molasses
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour (or any type of flour, for dusting)
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (191ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine almond flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the molasses, syrup, and egg.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
4. Generously dust a flat surface, a rolling pin, and cookie-cutter with tapioca flour. Roll out the dough and cut out shapes.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 min. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
Healthy Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking Powder
- 2 tsps Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsps Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Egg (room temp)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Fancy Molasses
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1.Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon. Mix well using a fork to break up any clumps. Add in the coconut oil, egg, vanilla, molasses, and maple syrup. Mix again.
3. Roll the dough into even balls and place them on the baking sheet. Gently flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Enjoy!
We hope you will enjoy these healthy gingerbread recipes and have fun while baking! I wish you a happy and exciting Christmas time!
We can do this! X Teija